January 18, 2015
Unity Culture Club: On Your Radar – 16.01.15
Presenting our weekly co. mailer, featuring a host of handpicked recommendations from the left-field of London’s arts and culture world.
Lock down your aerials..:
1. DON’T STOP NOW: FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY NEXT
Two exhibitions shaping the future of fashion photography. One covering Materiality and Play, the other exploring artifice and authenticity.
– WHERE: The London College of Fashion, 20 John Princes Street, W1G OBJ
2. START-UP 2015: MAKE YOUR IDEA HAPPEN
500 new entrepreneurs takeover Somerset House and turn it into a living and breathing entrepreneurial pitch platform. Features keynote speeches from top entrepreneurs and business experts, start-up workshops and networking opportunities
– WHERE / WHEN: Somerset House, Saturday January 17th
3. BUILD AN OTTER DEN!
Otter-lovers can build an otter den in a unique installation at Camden Arts Centre this weekend. The workshop offers an insight into the real lives of an otter, with any finished otter dens being exhibited as part of “Otter Day” at the arts centre, celebrating the French Republican Calendar. This was a one-off calendar implemented during the French revolution – where days, weeks & months reflected nature, agriculture and the changing seasons.
– WHERE/WHEN: Camden Arts Centre, Sunday,
– LINK: http://www.camdenartscentre.org/
4. ALL TWERK AND NO PLAY
A new dance class for London! Taking place at The Book Club and led by burlesque artist Scarlett O Hora – the class encourages you to grab a drink and let your cheeks go freestyle with basement social. (FYI: burns circa 600 calories an hour)
– WHERE / WHEN: The Book Club, Shoreditch, on Sunday January 18th
5. SECRET CANOE PROJECT
Paddle in the dark through Hackney Canals, from Limehouse to Crate Brewery on the water’s edge. A 6km canoe journey, taking in Mile End, Victoria Park & lots of wildlife.
– WHERE/WHEN: Starts at Limehouse Basin, Monday 19th January
6. LOVE POETRY? NEW WRITING WORKSHOP LAUNCHES
Luv Poetry host a special workshop at The Proud Archivist, ahead of National Storytelling Week.
– WHERE / WHEN: The Proud Archivist, Haggerston, Wednesday 21st January
– LINK: http://www.poetryluv.com