August 15, 2014
CULTURE CLUB: On Your Radar 15.08.14
Here’s your weekly co. mailer, featuring a host of handpicked recommendations from the left-field of London’s arts and culture world.
Lock down your aerials..:
1. RIOTS REVISITED FILM FESTIVAL
– Tonight a film festival revisits the riots three-years on to investigate how they impacted UK youth culture. It will feature films, talks and much more
– WHEN/WHERE: At the BFI later tonight
2. KERB’S ICE CREAM ADVENTURE
– One that’s strictly for the ice cream lovers… This Saturday sees 12 ice cream phenomenons coming to Kings Cross with a raft of specialists slinging flavours and styles galore from carts, bikes, trikes and vans. There will be ice cream cookie sandwiches, alcoholic ice cream, doughnut sundaes and more. Flavours debuting include heath honey, basil & lemon, rhubarb and more. And the world’s HOTTEST ice cream from Leeds-based Indie ices… There’s a £1.50 special on offer too…
– WHEN/WHERE: Kerb Street Food Market, Kings Cross
3. THE BOY WHO CLIMBED OUT OF HIS FACE
– Experimental award-winning immersive theatre company Shunt are returning to London next week, in a temporary space made out of shipping containers, into which 30 people disappear every 10 minutes and are spat out 45 minutes later. Where was I? Who was that strange man? What was wrong with his face?
– WHERE: Greenwich Peninsula
4. JAPANESE CRAFT BEER NIGHT
– The hippest hops. Japan’s craft beer movement rivals that of the UK (or so we’re told…) and on Wednesday in Dalston a craft beer sampling night will offer unique brews from Japan’s trendy Yo-Ho brewery. Tastings will be accompanied by gyoza dumplings, ramen, chicken karage and stout brownies
5. FLOATING CINEMA WEEKENDER
– The Jilhava Documentary Festival crew are coming to London to present a showcase of international documentary film on the Floating Cinema tonight. It is part of their “extra-international” programming, which includes talks, screenings, and more. The focus is on migration and its interpretation in the UK – through culture, people and experiences.
– WHEN/WHERE: Paddington Basin, Friday and Saturday night