January 30, 2015
Unity Culture Club: On Your Radar – 30.01.15
Presenting our weekly co. mailer, featuring a host of handpicked recommendations from the left-field of London’s arts and culture world. Lock down your aerials..:
1. THE WALDORF PROJECT
Finding a point of harmony between art and food: The Waldorf Project is an immersive experience on a grand stage, where art is consumed through all the senses – inviting 48 guests per night. The experience unites the sense through food, scent, drink, movement & sound. The key to this concept is the synergy between the various aspects of the event – enlisting a choreographer, production designer, costumer designer, and all orchestrated by the artist Sean Rogg.
– WHERE: Oval Space, Bethnal Green
– WHEN: February 5th to 11th
– LINK: http://www.waldorfproject.com
2. TRUE BRITS @ VAULT FESTIVAL
The Vaults – 30,000 sq feet of abandoned underground Victorian London, underneath Waterloo – is hosting London’s biggest festival of performance arts. Showcasing more than 500 events, by 80 artistic groups, over six weeks. From comedy & drama, to parties & panels. One of this week’s highlights is True Brits – an honest and hopeful play telling the story of a violent encounter and a whirlwind romance in the aftermath of 7/7.
– WHERE: The Vaults, Leake Street, Waterloo, SE1 8SW
– WHEN: January 28th to 8th March
3. GRIMM TALES
An immersive theatrical reinterpretation of six Brothers Grimm fairytales, being performed over five floors of a converted gallery space beside the Oxo Tower. Takes place over five floors of expertly curated set design, netted forests and debaucherous corners. The show also hosts a pop-up bar, with Grimm-inspired fairytale cocktails.
– WHERE: The Oxo Tower, Waterloo
– WHEN: Now extended, and running until February 15th
4. MRS PEEL’S CLUB
An immersive 1960s rooftop party – led by icon Emma Peel, who leads guests into the hedonism of swinging London – where Britain led the world in fashion, art, music & fun. Features live music, performances, sixties body painting and more.
– WHERE: The Eight Club, EC2 2BX
– WHEN: Saturday January 31st, and Saturday February 14th
– LINK: http://www.mrspeels.club/
5. CHEESE CHEESE BUBBLES
Cheese, booze, and haircuts..? UK cheese ambassador Matt Day is opening a pop-up cheese bar – offering specially-created cheese canapés, paired with alcohol. (The haircuts are optional!)
– WHERE: Business Hair Studio, Dalston Lane
– WHEN: The last Thursday of every month, throughout 2015